Walking out in public is a nerve-wracking and stressful experience if your dog is leash reactive. Your barking, lunging dog becomes the centre of attention wherever you go. People stare. You feel as though they are judging you and your dog. You start to avoid walking your dog because it is so stressful for both of you.
Fortunately, leash reactivity can be greatly reduced with our Walks that Work program.
In our Walks that Work program you will work in person, one on one with a reactivity coach, who will develop a customized plan to meet the needs of you and your dog.
The Walks that Work program will:
- Provide you with management strategies to prevent your dog from lunging and barking.
- Give you an emergency plan to get out of tough situations.
- Teach you skills to keep your dog calm and focused.
- Coach you in real life scenarios until you feel confident that you can handle situations confidently and successfully.
How Walks that Work Helped Them
"Laura’s program has helped us calm and connect with our highly reactive dog. We are so happy and are excited to see progress after only a few classes!"
"My dog went crazy walking past other dogs until Laura showed me how to help him ignore them. He still isn't perfect but it's so much better, now I don't have to dread every walk."
Walks that Work
- Private in-person training
- Training takes place in your community
- Book a call or fill out the form below to learn more and get started